Saturday, October 16, 2004

You're one tiny source of worry

Granny's Human Development textbook says you're less than an inch in size, but boy, do you know how to make your mommy worry. I slowed down on telling people that you're coming last week because of everything that's happened. Where shall I start?

Dr. M told me that my hcg isn't doubling the way it's supposed to. That could mean nothing, and it's actually doubling a little quicker than it was before, but it could also mean you actually are hanging around in my fallopian tube. And it seems like you're too warm or something, because that blood coming out sure isn't a good sign. I'd love it if you could quit doing that. If you stop, I'll give you a dollar. What's that, two bribes, and you're not even born yet. I'm a stellar mommy. :)

Now there was one thing that definitely wasn't your fault, but BOY was it worrisome. Thursday night, I started having this absolutely awful pain in my lower abdomen. That's also when more bleeding started. The pain felt a lot like the kidney stone I had back in May, but the accompanying bleeding was very scary. I thought for sure I was losing you, which was devastating me. After a call to Granny and a call to the doctor's office, it was decided I would take a bath, and since I wasn't bleeding too heavily, I wasn't going to have to go to the doctor. The bath made the pain go away for the most part - enough to where I could go to sleep. The next morning, after a follow-up call to the doctor's office, I went to the bathroom and saw the remnants of a kidney stone. Sure enough. OUCH.

The nurse said I should still be laying or sitting down all weekend. Funny story - your Granny stayed over last night in what will be your room soon, and after a deee-lish evening at the Cracker Barrel, we decided to go to Kroger for ice cream. Since it's been decided that I can't do a whole lot of my own walking around, Granny and Daddy decided I had to use the wheelchair. Mommy sure looked silly. After I almost knocked down the pumpkin pie display, I decided I'd just walk. I walked lightly, and didn't do the jumping jacks I normally do in the grocery store aisles.

Oh! And I had my first weird pregnancy food yesterday. Daddy, Aunt Alanna, and I got pizza Thursday night. For lunch yesterday, I decided to have leftover cold pepperoni pizza with raisins on top. That's right, raisins. And it was GOOD. It's not too weird - honestly, people have pineapples on their pizzas all the time... right? :) Hey, if my pregnancy food is raisins, that's just fiiiine with me.

I might (MIGHT) be able to see you this Thursday. You're not much yet, but you might just be a blip on the sonogram. I can't WAIT. Hopefully they don't really mean it when they say they won't give me a picture until 20 weeks... Your mommy's pretty charismatic sometimes - I wonder if they'll change their mind with a Washington or two in the mix.

I'll write more often, kiddo. I love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Waterfall said...

Hey, what's wrong with pineapple pizza, huh? That's the only way I'll eat it!

Glad to hear everything is coming along fine, weird food cravings and everything!

7:05 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

Now I'm not even pregnant but let me tell you something: raisins are darn good in beef stew. try it.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home